Monday, May 2, 2011

Lab 4



    ArcGIS is a great software that helps organize maps. With ArcGIS, users also can create interactive maps with different layers. Different colors make these layers distinctive and attractive for the users as well.
    
    ArcGIS 9.3 makes is easier to create and share good quality maps for all purposes. It was fun to make a new road on the real map, name it something. In addition, ArcGIS includes labeling and more control over where labels are placed inside and around polygons.
    
    I like that you can have a background color and shade to make the map more attractive. I think the interface is very important for software’s users. I also think it is not so hard to use. The part where you could insert map legend, the direction, and map scale was really nice.
    
       I had couple of problems with ArcGIS 9.3. Sometimes when I tried to drag one layer up or down, the mouse cursor would show not allow sign. Every time I had that problem, I had to restart the program. Another problem I encountered was during “start editing”. It would show error messages and, well pretty much you are stacked. I had to restart whole project again.     

No comments:

Post a Comment