Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lab - Census 2000, population maps




This map here shows the distribution of Asian population across United States. This map clearly shows that almost 90 percent of United States has less than 1 percent Asian people. Most of the Asians are concentrated in big industrial cities, so I had to be really careful while creating my boundaries. I made 6 classes which would carefully separate 0%-20% from 20%-46% with different colors to emphasis on population above 9%.



This map here shows the distribution of Black population across United States. This map clearly shows that almost 30 percent of United States is heavily populated with African-American people. Most of them are concentrated in South-East part of United States, so I had to be really careful when created my boundaries. I made 6 classes which would carefully separate 0%-30% from 30%-90% with continuous gradient colors to emphasis on population above 30%.



This map here shows the distribution of White population across United States. This map clearly shows that almost 90 percent of United States is heavily populated with White people. Most of the White States are concentrated in middle and north areas of United States, so I had to be really careful when created my boundaries. I made 5 classes which would carefully separate 0%-40% from 40%-99% with dark and light blue colors to emphasis on population close to 90-99%.

No comments:

Post a Comment